12.18.2006

The One Who Chose Not To Glue the World

you can run your fingers through your platinum
you can sit there like you’re too young or something
you can yearn for colder weather, a kettle drum
you can try to make film stock out of nothing
and I will be there to write it down
I will be there to nod my head in rehearsed approval
I will be there because I liked the song
the first time I heard it, in your open air market town

you can run your fingers through your platinum
you can plan on moving to another better city
you can feast on failed appendices of actions undone
you can squeak by and eke out and look smart and pretty
and I will be there to write it down
I will be there to weed it out and answer you
I will be there because I loved the film
the first time I saw it, in my old high rent hometown

you can sleep all day and shun the sun
but don’t forget to
run your fingers through
and through and through and through
something needs to go there
someone needs to feel it

March 30, 1999

No comments: