6.14.2007

Elevators

Freight elevators
Drive slow, sluggish, surging
Up, so that wasn't the problem
Strained looks into digital lenses
Friends of mine notice the difference

Rayguns and metal legs
Kick in doors and dazzle
The night sky, the river lights

There is no order
In the disarmed city
Disorder, old, incapacitated

Hotel elevators
Are smooth like silk
On a baby baby seal

Actualization, mortification
Case study in apples vs. oranges
Lemons in the dirty city of Brea
Mangoes in Los Angeles
Blueberries in Olmstead County
That's enough for now
Hunger is relative

Then the photographer leans in
There's a vision there, somewhere
Close-ups show blemishes
Panorama City is the nexus of the Valley
News to me

Pod elevators, blue and white devils
Had enough of them

She showed me the pictures
Of house by the ocean
I would live there in a heartbeat
Thumping between each wave's crash and spill
I'd change the curtains

I love her pictures
Love her in elevators
Cameras in elevators
She flashes a smile
From across a living room
And I'm in it again

June 13-14, 2007

No comments: