10.05.2009

28 Homes in 21 Cities

We worked it out
I come from Eskilstuna where the kiosks come up
I come from Alexandria where the asphalt was invented
I come from Teaneck with its sharks in quicksand
I come from Feasterville so you have no upper upper hand

We called it out
I come from Bergenfield where the floods did come
I come from New Milford where no children smile
I come from River Vale with its bushes of baseball bats
I come from Doylestown so you best not relax

We tore it up
I come from Eden Prairie where the warmth is palatable
I come from Brea with its music 'til four in the morning
I come from Minneapolis where swift lifts make for soft pulls
I come from Pomona so all your threats are empty, empty, empty

We made it shiny
I come from Pasadena where the blood boils
I come from Monrovia where the hillside strangles
I come from Newbury Park with its two exits
I come from North Hollywood so I know about coming from

We pulled it back
I come from North Hollywood again with its two stories up
I come from Ventura where the U-Hauls skulk
I come from Amherst where on the twelfth day we rise
I come from Eden Prairie again so you best believe I linger

We cleaned clocks
I come from Eden Prairie again with its misreading of the future
I come from Minneapolis again with its disappeared
I come from Minneapolis again with its coffeehouse crushes
I come from Minneapolis again so you never stood a chance

We pushed it out
I come from Santa Monica where nothing bad ever happens
I come from Santa Monica again where the rain is unending
I come from Hollywood where the helicopters haunt me
I come from Long Beach so you know why we do what we do when we do what we do

We broke it down
I...

We made a run
I...

We wait it out
I...

We have it all
I...

Written October 5, 2009

No comments: