10.29.2006

Welcome / Take The Body With You

Welcome. Here is where you will find a poem by me, every day, for the rest of my life, starting today. We'll start with the site's namesake, written 11 years and 3 days ago. Enjoy.

Take the Body With You

I paid too much for this corpse to still be here
I gave too much of my time to science and history
I am better than that, more deserving of honor
so go home, take the body with you, go home now

I tried to tell you I had no interest in keeping
my hand on the pulse of the angry and jaded
I tried to tell you but you scoffed, dismissingly
so go home, take the body with you, go home now

I'm not bitter or hopeless, I'm just tired and bored
I have no sense of misdirected apathy and lethargy
there's not enough space in this apartment for the three of us
so go home, take the body with you, go home now

October 26, 1995

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to make fun of your age because this poem is over ten years old, but then I realized that I have poems over ten years old, too. *sigh*

Ali said...

I have poems over TWENTY years old. They have titles like "worms" and "Death Is Not Good" and "CompuNation"

They will never appear on this site.